rainbow

Monday, November 18, 2013

Making Progress Finally!

     Our adoption process has been at a standstill for five weeks.  Did you read that?  Five weeks!  Ridiculous and totally maddening.  I didn't know weather to laugh or cry anymore.  I almost dreaded someone asking about the adoption because I didn't have anything to say:(  Nothing, I knew nothing other than there was someone who wasn't returning our social workers phone calls and that someone held the final piece of the puzzle that would make our homestudy complete!
     Well that phone call was finally answered late last week and we got the call from our social worker this morning that everything is approved and we will have our final copies of our homestudy Thursday morning!  I will be doing lots of driving this week because everything still needs to be apostilled (my understanding is that an apostille is like a state level verifying that the notaries that notarized all of our documents are actually legit!)  And then I am hoping to drive my dossier to a couple who is traveling this weekend to adopt their own little one from the same country as ours!
     So we are celebrating at our house tonight!  It won't be long now and there will be one more little one at our table and one less orphan in this world!


No comments:

Post a Comment