rainbow

Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Story Begins

     Once upon a time there was a little girl who loved babies.  She knew that one day when she grew up she wanted to have lots of babies!  Not necessarily "have" but be mommy to lots of babies; she had a special place in her heart for the babies and children that seemed to be forgotten, had special needs, maybe were a little older or a different color.  She knew someday that her house was going to be a wonderful rainbow of happiness!  As she grew up her eyes were opened to so much sadness for so many children in the world and she knew she wanted to make a difference so as soon as she turned 21 she got her foster care license and just 4 months later an 8 year old special needs little girl needed a temporary home.  She said yes to that little girl and 2 years later adopted her;  so she was a Mom now at age 23 to a 10 year old little girl who would need her forever.  She was very happy to be on her way to making her dreams come true!
     That little girl was me!  And I couldn't be happier with how my life turned out;  I have had many ups and downs but they have made me who I am today.  I am a confidant Mom who wants the best for all of her children no matter how they happened to become mine:)  I have been very lucky to have found my husband who is almost as excited as I am to add to our brood!  He came into our relationship knowing I had a ready-made family and I still wanted to adopt more.  He said yes without hesitation and now we are working hard to bring our newest daughter home from Serbia hopefully in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment